Sunday, 6 July 2014
One month into the solo album and things haven't gone totally to plan.
I'm blaming this on the World Cup, (which I didn't take into account for) and also me complicating the Hair Thieves latest release by adding another song and signing us up to record a cover song for a Mansun tribute album.
However, as I stated in the intial post, I have done some planning based on on Music Success In Nine Weeks by Ariel Hyatt.
I failed to do the 5 victories thing each day. Mostly because I have a pretty good task system, so I can see the progress of things ticked off, each day!
So I have set myself a end target to release the album in March 2015, which will coincide with my birthday.
Before then, I need to set up a website (which won't be needed until I have something for people to listen to). set up distribution, social media and start playing local open mic nights and find some support slots. So much to think about, plan and do.
I have started work on the first song, however. So far I have some music and some lyrics. It has the working title of Persephone. I rejected it from being a Hair Thieves tune on the basis that it is in DADGBD tuning. So I will see what I can do with it in the next week or so.
I have also dragged out my old amp. I bought this amp in 1990 (around the time I bought the B.C. Rich Warlock). I used it to gig throughout the 1990's. Eventually selling it, before buying it back again since I missed it.
I am contemplating recording some of the material with it, given in the past, I have used V-amps. PODs and Amplitude plugin for guitar sounds, so it might be nice to record a proper amp for once.
This does, obviously, subconciously assume that this is no longer the planned acoustic album I envisaged. Plus with different tunings, this might make playing the songs live acoustically tricky.
So to Ariels, week two tasks (or months task in my case). Branding. I will write a separate blog entry on this and my problems with it. And try and do part one of my '80s musical heritage!