Sunday, 12 April 2015
Ok it has been a month since my last blog update. I was hoping to get out the next blog in the ongoing musical history, but they are time consuming and I haven't had big blocks of time to do one.
So I will start the next one and save it as draft and chip away at it.
The last month, we reconvened on recording the new Hair Thieves EP. So a lot of the time I have been doing music has been recording and writing for that.
As far as this project is going, I have gone through my archives and songs from this years FAWM and realised I have sixteen potential songs to work on for this album. Most of it is music only, only a couple have completed lyrics.
So I have been playing with a pair of old Hair Thieves tunes, called "Sour Grapes" and "Sweet Lemon Mechanism". These were going to be the start of the previously planned Hair Thieves album, but when we decided not to do an album, but only do EPs, they were dropped.
So I am trying to ressurect them.
The main problem with them, is in some cases, I don't have the VST instruments (like Groove Agent 2 plus some others) nor the effects pedals (Digitech Whammy) to rerecord sections of it again.
So I am struggling with getting new grooves I like to work with the tracks. Stupidly, in the case of Groove Agent 2, I recorded the audio output of it and not the midi. I have Groove Agent 4, but that doesn't have the kits from previous versions.
I think I have decided on the first tune to release. "Persephone" was planned to be the first track released, but I have decided that "A Winters Memory" will be the first tune, since I think I have an idea brewing for the video.
This will be backed by a track called "Tabanid" which is another rejected Hair Thieves tune, with no chours. This was almost finished, but I aim to re-record it in a slightly different style for this release.
So I am chipping away at this project, though not as fast as i would like.