Sunday 6 September 2015

Live at last!

copyright Tracy Breeze

Copyright Ashley John Roberts

copyright Patrick Tighe

copyright Patrick Tighe

Well, it makes a chage for me to be in front of the camera, rather than my usual prefered place behind it.

So on Thursday, as a warm up, I did a twenty minute stint at the Open Mic at the Dolphin pub in Shrewsbury (top photo).

I was a lot less nervous than I used to be, when I played live regularly.   I was worried that this was a bad sign.   But the sound was good and I didn't play too shabbily.   Which was a relief.

On Saturday (Sept 5th), I did a thirty minute set at the Castle Grounds in Bridgnorth, as part of Bridgnorth music festival.

It was a lovely day, with a decent size crowd.  I had a few technical issues, with one of the leads and was attacked during one song, by a fly that tried crawling up my nose, but other than that it seemed to go ok.

I played a few Hair Thieves tunes (Shorewards, 21st CSM, Bad Consumer) and some covers (by Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Stiff Little Fingers, Porcupine Tree).

Some people said some nice things about the performance.

So hopefully, it won't be too long before I play live again and hopefully incorporate some new material.



Later

Rollasoc

No comments:

Post a Comment